The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios is a dream come true for any Harry Potter fan. From the cobblestone streets of Hogsmeade to the majestic Hogwarts castle, every detail is perfectly recreated. And, one of the most magical things you can do at the Wizarding World is cast spells!
To cast spells, you’ll need an interactive wand. Now, you can purchase these wands at Ollivanders or at gift shops throughout the Wizarding World. Once you have your wand, simply point it at one of the many spellcasting locations throughout Hogsmeade and say the corresponding spell.
There are over 25 spellcasting locations in Hogsmeade, so you’re sure to find one that you’ll love. Some of the most popular spells include:
Wingardium Leviosa: Levitate a feather in front of you.
Aguamenti: Make water pour out of a fountain or spout from the mouth of a frog.
Reparo: Repair a broken object.
Incendio: Light a torch or fire.
Tips for Casting Spells
- Keep your wrist still
- Make sure your wand is pointing toward the camera for the entire spell
- Move your wand in the correct pattern
- But, if you have an older wand, you might need to get it repaired at Ollivander’s
- The sun can interfere with successful spell casting
- And, be patient! It may take a few tries to get the spell right.
No matter how old you are, casting spells at Hogsmeade is a magical experience that you’ll never forget. So, grab your wand and get ready to cast some magic!
- Purchase an interactive wand early in your day. This will give you plenty of time to find all of the spellcasting locations and practice your spells.
- Carry a map of Hogsmeade with you. This will help you find the spellcasting locations more easily.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from the Universal Studios staff. They are always happy to help guests learn how to cast spells.
- Have fun! Casting spells is a magical experience, so enjoy it!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your wand and head to Hogsmeade for a magical day of spellcasting!